Wednesday, August 17, 2011

carpal tunnel syndrome

Who knew that pregnancy can also cause carpal tunnel syndrome?!  Mine has so far been fairly tolerable.  I get it mostly during the night, but stretch and shake out my hands when I get up for all my restroom breaks.  So far it has been fairly minimal during the day, although today my hands are a little more stiff and swollen than previous days.  Hopefully, it's an anomaly and not a sign of things to come.

Not to belittle the total awe I have of the human body and the miracle of life, but this is one of the few minor kinks that could still be worked on...

On another note, I was given permission to sit up from time to time so long as my contractions don't get worse.  My hips have really embraced the breaks.  I've even enjoyed a few meals at the dinner table, which, even though I have to sit about a mile away from the table, is significantly less messy than trying to eat lying on my side.

We might hold on longer, but only 18 days until Labor Day.  That's nutty.  It's getting close.  These kiddos could be here any day now...  Oh, my...

No comments: